Saturday, January 24, 2015

An Original Masterpiece

This past week I have been at a christian youth camp, with a leadership camp just before that. So I've been at camp for 7 days and I am relieved and saddened by it being over.

Camp can be incredibly energy sucking, mainly because we have to be alert all the time, helping out with campers, some of who are quite young and can be a tad on the irritating side, thought I'm aware that most 10-11 year olds are this way.

I was also the first aider and played in the band, played piano which was fun and also tormented my nerves the whole time, by the end of each set my face would be burning red and hot to touch. 

I am always rejuvenated and my passion for God and His works and people after camps. Being in a community of like minded, christ centred people is an amazing experience. Singing songs of praise and worship, watching young men and women of Christ lifting there hands, with closed eyes, thanking and worshipping a present God that loves them so deeply!

So deeply that He went to hell for me (you), so that He didn't have to be in Heaven without us. Thats His love.

We also watched a short clip by 'the skit guys'. The skits guys are two actors from America who do funny and serious clips that can be used in worships services, to lighten the mood, or set it.

You can find them on youtube, they have videos for all occasions, mother and fathers day, christmas, easter, I highly recommend the easter skits.

The video we watched on camp was called 'Gods chisel'. It's based on Ephesians 2:10

"For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do." Ephesians 2:10.

"Compare yourself to others instead of me - God' 

"When you look in the mirror who do you see" - God
"I see me" 
"Ok, then I need to keep chiselling, because ultimately you and others need to see my Son" -God

"In this relationship, I hold you up - God"

Just a few things that I found spoke to me personally.

Jesus is so important and yet so many people throw his love away. There are so many places in this world that people go to and try and find fulfilment, but it never last, it fades away, like this world will. We are not perfect, but Jesus makes us perfect.

God made us, and God doesn't make junk. We are God's original masterpiece.



4 comments:

  1. Oh yeah, I've been feeling the chiseling lately. Doesn't feel great, but it's a good thing in the long run. I hope you are able to recooperate after your camps. Youth camps were always fun when I was younger. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like this blog so much.thanks a lot for sharing with us

    clipping path service

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...