Saturday, April 5, 2014

Redemption In Progress

Redemption in Progress
This is the story of how Redemption in Progress came to life.

I am an avid reader. I love to read.

My favourite books were young adult christian centred. 

In particular a book series called 'Confession of a teenage girl' by Melody Carlsen.

This particular teenage girl's name was Chloe. After the first book journey's through her story of coming to Christ, and developing a love to make music, she formed a band.

With two fellow (well soon to be) christians. Their band was called Redemption.

I find this word, to me, to be multi-faceted.

Redemption reminds me that I am redeemed, and that I have a redeemer. His name is Jesus Christ.

He died for me, because he would, 
'rather go to hell for me, than to heaven without me'.

This has always summed up my understanding of why Jesus did what he did.

The 'in Progress' part of my blog is to reflect on the fact that I need to constantly remind myself that I am saved, I am redeemed, I am forgiven, I am set free.

Sometimes this world can consume my thoughts and actions, believing the lies about myself that don't reflect the real me.

Jesus words and actions free me from the restrictions of this world and it's a daily progress, a life's progress. 

This is the progress of my redemption everyday.

2 comments:

  1. I do not know if I knew you read Confessions of a teenage Girl but so did I. I think they were a massive part of my faith growth. I loved reading that people had similar struggles to me and it was wonderful to get some insight into how to approach certain situations as a christian teenager.
    It is good to hear that those books have impacted others in the same way they impacted me! Love you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah they made a difference in the way I thought about aspects of life that were different from the 'popular' opinion. I plan on keeping them for my girls to read!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...