Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Seek Justice, Love Mercy, Walk Humbly With Your God


"People aren't confused by the gospel

They're confused by us
Jesus is the only way to God
But we are not the only way to Jesus
This world doesn't need my tie, or my hoodie
My denomination or my translation of the Bible
They just need Jesus
We can be passionate about what we believe
But we can't strap ourselves to the Gospel
Cause we're slowing it down
Jesus is going to save the world
But maybe the best thing we can do
Is just get out of the way"
Casting Crowns-What this world needs





The title comes from the Casting Crown song, 'Courageous'. 

Casting Crown is a band formed by youth pastor Mark Hall, and consists of seven members now, most who serve as minsters in a Eagles Landing First Baptist Church in Georgia, USA.


Mark Hall performs the lead vocals for the band and his voice is so easy to listen to!

Beautiful tone and the female vocals match so perfectly with his voice and make the songs sound complete.

The main reason I enjoy Casting Crowns, and it's not just because of the amazing music but because of their words.

I've yet to come across a band in which I can connect so deeply and with such understanding the words in which they sing.

They are stories, peoples stories they sing, truth in God's word it's and being able to capture that and provide people in their concerts the ability to sing along and make the words their own, because it's their story to, it's my story and it's my path to Jesus



This song it called East to West and it's so beautiful and speaks so clearly about a pivotal point in Jesus life, his death and resurrection and why he did just those things for me and you.


East to West by CC

Here I am, Lord, and I'm drowning in your sea of forgetfulness

The chains of yesterday surround me
I yearn for peace and rest
I don't want to end up where You found me
And it echoes in my mind, keeps me awake tonight
I know You've cast my sin as far as the east is from the west
And I stand before You now as though I've never sinned
But today I feel like I'm just one mistake away
From You leaving me this way

Jesus, can You show me just how far the east is from the west
'cause I can't bear to see the man I've been come rising up in me again
In the arms of Your mercy I find rest
'cause You know just how far the east is from the west
From one scarred hand to the other

I start the day, the war begins, endless reminding of my sin
Time and time again Your truth is drowned out by the storm I'm in
Today I feel like I'm just one mistake away
From You leaving me this way

Jesus, can You show me just how far the east is from the west
'cause I can't bear to see the man I've been come rising up in me again
In the arms of Your mercy I find rest
'cause You know just how far the east is from the west
From one scarred hand to the other

I know You've washed me white, turned my darkness into light
I need Your peace to get me through, to get me through this night
I can't live by what I feel, but by the truth Your word reveals
I'm not holding on to You, but You're holding on to me
You're holding on to me

Jesus, You know just how far the east is from the west
I don't have to see the man I've been come rising up in me again
In the arms of Your mercy I find rest
'cause You know just how far the east is from the west
From one scarred hand to the other
One scarred hand to the other
From one scarred hand to the other

4 comments:

  1. I haven't heard this one, but I do love Casting Crowns. They sucked me in years ago with 'sing until the whole world hears.'Thanks for sharing Katie. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Jess, glad you enjoyed it!

      Delete
  2. Love that song… and now I am going to go look up the lyrics you started the post with because I love love LOVE them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are some of my favourite pieces of lyrics! Happy to hear you liked them!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...