Thursday, October 18, 2012

STOP! Hammer time!

Oh how I wish time would hurry up, and stand still, all at the same time.

It was only a month ago that I ran in the city for Blackmores 9km Bridge run with an amazing group of Cantooers. After the run we were all invited back to the Cantoo's tent at the finish line, where we were treated to free massages, alcohol and chocolate goodies and treats, indulging whilst sitting on the grassy knoll over looking the Sydney Harbour, the Harbour Bridge and Opera House all in our view, amazing. 
Cantoo Group

Yet I barely remember it. 

I'd been counting down to this moment for 10 weeks, training, eating well, pushing myself, motivating myself. I counted down the days to the big race and I could treasure the great triumph in an amazing setting with the people I love.

The day went by in a flash. So did those 10 weeks.


13/10/12 My Hens Night
Time is strange like that.

44 days until my wedding.

I remember counting down from 100.

Every weekend is booked from now until the big day and the weeks will be filled with me moving towns, driving all my belongings 5 hours away from my home.

The next few weeks will be the busiest, best time of my life. I hope I can use my experience and enjoy the time I have.

I'm thankful for the opportunity to be apart of this place, this time, here and now, enjoying it with amazing people in an amazing and beautiful country. 

I need to stop counting the days and enjoy them.

I need to stop an accept the time I'm in as I'll never be here again.

What do you need to take a step back from and just acknowledge this moment in your life? 

I think we all have them. We all get a little carried away with looking forward to whats happening in the future we forget that the time we have now, we'll never get back!

Linking up with Kate Says Stuff for Thankful Thursdays!

2 comments:

  1. Wow! That is so exciting! Enjoy every day, and even more, have a lovely wedding day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! Will begin trying to take each day as it comes, instead of waiting for tomorrow!! Have a great day!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...