Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Moving

So I'm moving soon, in less than three months.

I have to start packing my room up, but having only moved away once, with the knowledge I was coming back after one year, I wasn't very motivated to be organised.

Now I have no idea what to do!

Do I put all my books into one box, or will that be too heavy.... How do I pack up the rest of my stuff... Most of it seems like junk but too me its something, but can I justify bringing them in to my new home?

I have the opportunity to cull LOTS of my unnecessary crap. But where to start!! 

I'm also a bit unmotivated since I still have quite a few months to go and once I've put my stuff into boxes, I have nowhere to put them, besides stacking them in my room. So that's annoying.

Although it is stressful I am still looking forward to moving into a new house. 

Linking up with Diary of a SAHM

6 comments:

  1. love packing and throwing away old stuff..

    hate unpacking and not finding any room for anything :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I'm looking forward to getting rid of some stuff, mainly clothes and pieces of paper I've accrued over time. Am looking forward to decorating my house with my stuff. Though I think I may have that problem of not knowing where to put things!

      Delete
  2. Trust me, get rid of as much crap as you can! I seriously wish I had gotten rid of heaps of stuff and only now am I on a mission to de-clutter and minimalise and it's hard work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I plan too, though I might need some help so I can cull as much as possible! I always justify why I should keep something, but it's really all gotta go, I want to declutter my room lol

      Delete
  3. unmotivated? you don't move for more than three months. You've can sit on your laurels for at least the next 2.5 months (says the husband who's wife did the majority of the packing for our last two moves)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol, yeah that sounds appealing, except I'm moving about four hrs away and the place may become available for us to moe in sooner, so I may as well pack my room up at least

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...